Monday, December 13, 2010
Top 10 Reasons to LOVE My Treadmill
I am a die-hard outdoor runner but even I don't want to brave -8 degree temps so I was forced to hit the 'mill today. I spent my time on the hamster wheel- I mean treadmill- making a Top 10 list of what I love about treadmill running. Anything to pass the time, right?!
1. I get to run in my favorite shorts
2. No need for headphones-just blast the music
3. I can sing along if I want and not look like a psycho
4. no nature (insert your nature foe here- mine lately have been spider webs, errant branches & a disturbing blood stain on the bike path) to run into
5. No gloves, base layers, cold ankles between my socks & tights, no headband to squeeze said headphones into my brain
6. I get to be in my happy green guest/family/game room and just enjoy the bright color
7. pace control. when bored, just go faster, then slower then faster again whoopee!
8. my kitties can keep me company (granted while loafing on big fuzzy pillows)
9. short commute
And my #1 reason I love my treadmill is.....
10. I love my treadmill because I can run even in crappy weather
(Also, why do I run with my thumbs up? Who knows?!)